Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome to the world



Katsuk gave birth to 3 beautiful pups on midnight, thursday march 8th. This was my first nighttime litter! All my previous litters have been born in the daytime. Katsuk must know that I don't go to bed until 2 in the morning anyway so she assumed this time was as good as any:-) The sire is Sugar River Jackjumper Song. I don't have a theme picked out yet for this litter so in the meantime I am calling them Wink, Blink, and Nod

I am glad I upgraded to the 5x 4.5 foot whelping box! Katsuk would not be comfortable in my old 4x4!!
Two puppies out, 1 more to go!

Blink checks out mom's face- nope- no milk there.

Birth is complete, time for a snack!!

Hey, there are 10 working nipples! You don't need to fight over this one!!!

Blink ( male) snoozes after a snack


Nod's (male) turn to snooze. He is a moose and put on 6 oz his first day! What a piggy!!!

Wink ( female) creeps over to the heating pad

Blink at one day old

Nod nabs the prime sleeping spot while Wink and Blink eat...again

Happiness is eating and getting a bath at the same time

Nod looks like a little polar bear cub- love the tongue and crossed paws

What a difference a day makes- they look so much bigger after just one day of life!!

Proud parents Katsuk and Jack

Katsuk enjoys a sedate moment on the dock before babies arrive

using solar power to prepare for babes


No comments:

Post a Comment